- A Tale of Three Autopsies
- Why has respect for Medicine and Physicians largely evaporated?
- Does Insurance oversight of clinical practice improve either quality of care, or patient outcomes?
- Cook County’s Sweetened Beverage Tax of November 2016 – It’s A Matter of Choice!
- Some thoughts on Health Care Legislation 2010 to 2017.
Category Archives: Public Health
The Cook County of Illinois Board enacted a Sweetened Beverage Tax. The purpose of the tax was twofold. Every tax is is intended to increase revenue. This is no exception. However, the tax is a “choice tax”, that people can choose not to pay, by not buying drinks with added sweeteners. If people don’t add sugar to their diet, every expectation is that obesity and its complications will become less prominent. This will be associated with reduced health care costs. Continue reading