- Why has respect for Medicine and Physicians largely evaporated?
- Does Insurance oversight of clinical practice improve either quality of care, or patient outcomes?
- Cook County’s Sweetened Beverage Tax of November 2016 – It’s A Matter of Choice!
- Some thoughts on Health Care Legislation 2010 to 2017.
- Rolf McMillan Gunnar, MD, MACP, MACC 1/22/1926 – 3/18/2017 – An Appreciation.
Category Archives: Quality
The definition of Quality in Medicine is in the eye of the beholder. There are several good paradigms, but they all look at different components of the overall concept. Continue reading
Changing payment for health care from volume to value will be facilitated if the stakeholders keep a close eye on “What’s in it for me” Continue reading
Guidelines should be useful to the provider of health care. However, there are more guidelines than can be digested by these providers. This may make guidelines less useful than intended. Continue reading
There are often perverse incentives in health care. These incentives can, at times, create competing drives where providers are encouraged to do things that directly increase the costs of care. Consider the reaction to the mandate to cut down hours … Continue reading