- It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You into Trouble. It’s What You Know for Sure That Just Ain’t So”[i]
- Why Don’t Many People Like “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (PL 111-148) also known as “ObamaCare”?
- A Follow-up on the Autopsy
- A Tale of Three Autopsies
- Why has respect for Medicine and Physicians largely evaporated?
Tag Archives: quality
The definition of Quality in Medicine is in the eye of the beholder. There are several good paradigms, but they all look at different components of the overall concept. Continue reading
There are more than a dozen sets of publicaly reported quality metrics … with between 8 & 80 individual components to each set. It is small wonder that they don’t agree. Continue reading
There are often perverse incentives in health care. These incentives can, at times, create competing drives where providers are encouraged to do things that directly increase the costs of care. Consider the reaction to the mandate to cut down hours … Continue reading