- A Tale of Three Autopsies
- Why has respect for Medicine and Physicians largely evaporated?
- Does Insurance oversight of clinical practice improve either quality of care, or patient outcomes?
- Cook County’s Sweetened Beverage Tax of November 2016 – It’s A Matter of Choice!
- Some thoughts on Health Care Legislation 2010 to 2017.
Tag Archives: Public Policy
The definition of Quality in Medicine is in the eye of the beholder. There are several good paradigms, but they all look at different components of the overall concept. Continue reading
There are often perverse incentives in health care. These incentives can, at times, create competing drives where providers are encouraged to do things that directly increase the costs of care. Consider the reaction to the mandate to cut down hours … Continue reading
The Alligator Allegory reads: “ The objective of all dedicated employees should be: To thoroughly analyze all situations, Anticipate all problems prior to their occurrence, Have answers for these problems, And Move swiftly to solve these problems when called upon. … Continue reading